How to Fix Folder Hidden or Missing in USB Drive

Recently, my friend has a problem with her usb drive. She said that the folders in the usb drive were misssing, it is empty. And she asked me to solve that, because there are many important file in her usb drive. I accepted the request and began to do some experiment.

I tried to plug the usb drive in to my laptop. She was right,  I don't see any folder there. It's empty. I think that was because the folder were hidden by system. I tried to unhide the folder but the result was same. Empty.

How to Fix Folder Hidden or Missing in USB Drive

After some searching on Google, i finally found out that this problem was caused by virus called Ramnit. 

Ramnit can hide files and folder in the usb drive. In some case, the folder is not hidden but turned into shortcut. This is annoying because sometime antivirus can't get rid of them. Even some antivirus can't detect them.

But there is a solution. There is a way to unhide or recover files and folder infected by Ramnit. You don't need antivirus or other program. This can be done easily. You will find how to show hidden files ini usb drive or how to recover shortcut folder in usb drive below.
  1. Go to CMD by pressing windows key + R and type CMD. Press Enter
  2. Type this code attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* 
  3. g is the usb drive location. If your usb drive located on f, then replace g with f
  4. Press Enter
  5. Have a look at your usb drive and you will notice that the folder have returned.
I have tested this and it works perfectly. If you encounter a problem, feel free to ask me via comment box below.
Previous
Next Post »